Fudge is a delicious little after dinner sweet treat. It’s easy to make and perfect for dinner parties or when you’re wanting to impress your friends! Variations can be made by replacing the coconut with other flavours/ mix-ins such as nuts, dried fruit, freshly brewed coffee or peppermint/ orange extract.
- 350 – 400g dark chocolate
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can coconut condensed milk (about 340g)
- If not using a silicone/ non-stick brownie mould, line a brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Toast the coconut by either placing it under a medium grill for 3-5 minutes or toasting it in a non-stick pan for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
- Combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly until the chocolate is melted.
- Turn off the heat and add 3/4 of the toasted coconut. Mix well.
- Pour the fudge into brownie dish evenly and then sprinkle the remaining toasted coconut on top. You may need to give the tin a few taps to remove any air bubbles/ to make sure the mixture is spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 5-6 hours and then slice into fudge sized pieces.
This fudge can be stored in the fridge or freezer and is best eaten within a week.