I have to give credit to my little brother for this recipe. I remember him making pancakes for us every Sunday morning as kids, and we would eat them drenched in maple syrup. They were the fluffiest pancakes and we would often make a giant batch just so there were leftovers.
These are a vegan version and they’re the perfect lazy Sunday morning breakky. I give you permission to eat these in bed with your loved ones (or just your dog and a good rom com).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond (or any plant based) milk
- 2 flax eggs
- As many Oreos as desired
- Spray oil/ coconut oil
- Optional toppings: raspberries, dark chocolate, rice malt/ maple syrup etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and create a well in the middle.
- To prepare the flax eggs, combine 2tbsp flax seed with 6 tablespoons water. Stir and set aside until a thick paste is formed.
- To the flour mixture, add the almond milk and flax eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold through crushed Oreos.
- Heat a saucepan with a little coconut oil and pour a soup ladel worth of mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancake, then flip. Cook again for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
These pancakes also freeze really well! Glad wrap them individually and pop them in the freezer for the until ate midnight snack attack. You’re welcome.